Here’s a message from Jill McDonald:
Gil and I travel to Operation Smile Headquarters in Virginia Beach every October and April to deliver supplies from NJSFWC Clubs throughout New Jersey. Saves a lot of postage for everyone and it has been our habit for several years. Consequently, we have personal contacts there so always have a special heads up on needed items. This year our first trip will be about October 13; not definite yet, but all items to go with us will need to be to our home or NJSFWC Headquarters by the October 11 Board meeting.I have just talked with my contact and here are the latest priority needs:
- Gently Used Luggage: A conference is held annually at Operation Smile Headquarters. When the conference is over, the participants purchase some personal items and are given additional materials and supplies to take back to their facilities. Luggage has to be purchased or provided for this need. I am certain we can meet this need with extra suitcases that many have in their closet or storage.
- If members prefer to sew, knit or crochet follow Operation Smile Guidelines regarding sizes and fabrics for:
- no-no arm bands
- light weight quilts or blankets
- patient gowns
3. Most needed supplies for Smile bags (they have good inventory of bags):
- toothbrushes for adults and kids
- toothpaste with expiration date of August 2024 for upcoming Dec 22 mission
Other medical supplies and toothpaste need to have expiration at or beyond December 2023. Using the Inventory List with the Operation Smile packet, all other therapy (to include specific toys) items, medical and office supplies are welcome.
Every club with donations must complete an Inventory Sheet and Shipping Document for EACH box. Include to Inventory and Shipping document inside each box. DO NOT seal the box!
I have forms, patterns and instructions for various situations and am willing to share those materials with each club. My email is email@example.com for assistance.
September 30 – Charitable Registration form due to Headquarters
Registration form due September 26 for:
Turning Point Suffragist Memorial and Washington Home Trip October 16-17. Contact Annette Bortone, 201-873-1913, firstname.lastname@example.org