Girls' Career Institute (GCI) offers a "mini college experience" at Douglass Residential College on the campus of Rutgers University. Delegates experience a sample of college life by living in a dorm, eating in a cafeteria, and attending lectures and workshops. They learn about career choices from volunteer professional speakers and how to network with other delegates from all over the state of New Jersey. Many establish lasting friendships with one another.
Delegates are sponsored and the cost is underwritten by a local NJSFWC club. Delegates are selected on the basis of interest, community service and participation in school activities.
- Calling all girls completing their JUNIOR year in a New Jersey High School - Applications to be considered for Girls' Career Institute 2020 will be available in many high school guidance offices and local NJSFWC affiliated local clubs after November 1, 2019. If you cannot locate the form contact McDonald@njsfwc.org.
- A wide variety of career related seminars will be given by successful women from New Jersey.
- Delegates will meet other high school junior girls from all over New Jersey.
- Delegates will live in a college dorm with other GCI participants at Douglass Residential College on the Rutgers New Brunswick campus.
- Participants may take part in a variety of service projects, Zumba, swimming, crafts, GCI Chorus, Talent and Fashion Shows, and an Art exhibit.
- 2020 Forms will be AVAILABLE in the Materials section for clubs by October 2019.
GCI is June 1-4, 2020.