From State GCI Director Mary Kay Tokar:
Donations GCI Needs from Members and Clubs
In order to control the ever rising costs of GCI we are asking for donations of many supplies needed.
Bring to GCI table at Convention vendor area, or bring to District orientations, or deliver to Headquarters. Due to Convention call Headquarters at 732-249-5474 before coming.
Drinks and Snacks
- Individualdrinks – water, juice boxes, iced tea – no large 2-liter bottles
- Individual size packaged snacks – sweet, salty, crunchy, chewy – granola bars, chips, pretzels, popcorn, cookies, etc.
- Feminine Hygiene Products – We will be working with “The Flow Initiative.” You may purchase items to donate anywhere, or you may use the Amazon wish list. Online purchases will be delivered to Headquarters.
Amazon Wish List: GCI Flow Initiative Wish List
- Pads, tampons – all brands or sizes, especially teen size.
- Purse size packets of flushable wipes – ex. Stall Mates from Amazon.
- Paper lunch bags – red or black – to repackage items into smaller batches.
- Printable labels (see wish list for sizes and shapes) to print GCI Logo to seal the bags.
- Supplies – for service projects the delegates will complete at GCI.
You may purchase anywhere to donate. or for convenience you can buy from Amazon wish list. Amazon wish list – GCI Supplies. Items range from $6-39 and will be delivered directly to Headquarters – pay attention to quantity needed:
- Mod Podge
- Disposable foam brushes – 1 in. flat.
- Various colors of plastic or satin headbands for women (to be decorated for seniors).
- Stick on gems, sequins, pom poms, small feathers, and flowers for decorations on headbands for senior citizens.
- Glue guns – mini, low temp – classroom pack (will be used every year).
- Hot glue sticks for mini glue guns – 4 inch x .207.
- Scissors 8″ all purpose – classroom packs (will be used every year).
- All-Purpose School Glue Sticks rubon.
- Anti-Pill No-Sew Throw Fleece Fabric Kit (50×60) – any design.
- Stickers to decorate cards and envelopes.
- Magazines with pictures which would be suitable for vision boards.
- Presentation boards – tri-fold cardboard – like kids use for science fairs – to be used for vision boards – cheapest in Dollar Tree.
- Artificial Flowers, any.
- 12 oz. Pom juice bottles clean, empty
- Miscellaneous items – which could be used for costumes or props for spirit night skits.
- Decorations for any of our houses – All Stars, Butterflies, Flamingos, Honey Bees, Ladybugs, Swans, Unicorns.
Do you want to experience a piece of GCI? Sign-up to be a volunteer.
Monday, June 5 – Thursday, June 8
See Director MaryKay Tokar in the vendor area at Convention. Or contact her at tokar@ njsfwc.org or 201-320-8403.
You can use the GCI volunteer application 2023.pdf available on the NJSFWC website. Volunteers will be contacted after Convention.
Volunteers can sign up for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and/or Thursday. Two-hour shifts are available morning 8:00 am – 10:00 am and 10:00 am- 12 (Noon), afternoons 1:00 pm-3:00 pm and 3:00 pm-6:00pm, evenings 7:00 pm-9:00 pm. You may choose the activities you wish to help with.
Duties may include walking with groups back and forth between Hickman Hall and cafeteria or dorm, assisting with decorating and preparations Monday morning, assisting with welcoming delegates and parents, directing traffic, watching belongings on Monday afternoon. Welcoming and directing speakers Tuesday and Wednesday morning, assisting with various service projects or vision boards on Tuesday afternoon, assisting with some evening activities. Organizing supplies on Monday, collecting and inventorying supplies on Thursday, transporting supplies from the dorm to NJSFWC Headquarters Thursday afternoon.