eConnection 4/20: GCI, Operation Smile, Convention
by Jan W. Hanson, NJSFWC President
Girls Career Institute
- Make sure your alternates are registered, not just the delegates. There are 108 registered delegates, but only 33 alternates.
- Donations of materials for Vision Boards are needed. A Vision Board is ‘a collage of images and words representing a person’s wishes or goals, intended to serve as inspiration or motivation’. Science Fair Backboards (we cut in half for vision boards), Magazines that can be cut-up for pictures and words, Stick on decorations, bling, etc. to decorate the boards.
- We can use
- some fleece for no-sew blankets,
- Blank Greeting Card Envelopes (5×7) for homemade cards (I have card-making supplies),
- Some bags of candy sugar and sugar free to fill tray favors.
- Sheets/books/rolls of stickers to decorate cards / envelopes / tray favors
Jill McDonald will be making a delivery to Operation Smile in mid-May. Clubs can bring donations to Convention in Atlantic City or Headquarters for free delivery to the Operation Smile warehouse in Virginia Beach. For more information contact Jill at email@example.com.
One last reminder-check-in at the hotel is in the main lobby, not the Havana Tower. Once you arrive go to the 4th floor, North Tower for registration right outside of the Ballroom. I am looking forward to seeing everyone’s smiling faces.
1-Data Sheets (Blue Sheets) due to Headquarters. Late arrivals will use last years membership numbers for the Dues Bill.