by Maribeth Hugelmeyer, NJSFWC Historian
The year 2020 was historic in many ways but the commemoration of the Women’s Suffrage Centennial is an important one for Women’s History. Many Clubs have researched, prepared, and presented (some in person and some on Zoom) the moments on the road to the 19th Amendment. Now is your time to be recognized!
In the current issue of The WHRC Messenger, the 2020 WHRC Special Award: Women’s Suffrage Centennial was announced. GFWC will award $100, to the Club that best promoted this centennial in their community.
The following is the information/instruction from the WHRC Messenger on how to submit your entry:
• Use the GFWC Club Creativity Award Cover Sheet (Club Manual, page 12)
• Entries may include projects entered in other Community Service Programs.
• Entries are not limited to one project.
• Project(s) timeline is January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
• One-page narrative should include:
1. Club size
2. project(s) description
3. impact/number of people reached
4. volunteer hours spent
5. in-kind donations, dollars spent, if applicable, dollars raised, if applicable.
• Entry deadline: March 15, 2021, 12 Midnight, EST
Send the completed GFWC Club Creativity Award Cover Sheet and Club narrative, one per Club, directly:
By mail to WHRC Committee Chairman Hope Royer, 700 Hermitage Road, Manakin Sabot, Virginia, 23103
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, WHRC Committee Chairman, Hope Royer
If the Club has questions about the entry process, contact: email@example.com, WHRC Committee Chairman Hope Royer
Good Luck! I know there is a winner out there!!!