NJSFWC Second Chance Domestic Violence Survivors Scholarship
The mission of the NJSFWC Second Chance Domestic Violence Survivors Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to individuals enrolled or planning to enroll at an accredited public or private post-secondary school, including community colleges, technical schools and four-year colleges and universities. These may include programs such as paralegal training, IT, ultrasound techs or medical records.
To be eligible to submit an application for the NJSFWC Second Chance Domestic Violence Survivors Scholarship all potential applicants must:
• Be referred to and have sought services from a New Jersey Domestic Violence Program and have been with the program for a minimum of six months. The agency should be willing to provide mentoring and support to the student throughout her educational experience
• Be a citizen or a permanent legal resident of the United States and live in New Jersey.
• Be enrolled at a New Jersey accredited public or private post-secondary or vocational institution.
• Exhibit a strong desire and the ability to complete training or an academic program.
• Have a definite plan to use the desired training to upgrade skills for career advancement, to train for a new career field, or to enter or reenter the job market.
• Complete an NJSFWC Second Chance Domestic Violence Survivors Scholarship Application form, provide an agency/counselor/social worker recommendation and two reference letters.
Note: To fund this scholarship and others go to njsfwc.org, select MATERIALS, scroll to Treasurer, select Continuing Funds Form and follow the instructions on the form.