by Jan W. Hanson, NJSFWC President
Advocates for Children Project: Arts & Crafts Collection
by Chairman, Jane Mackesy email@example.com
Our President Jan Hanson suggested an arts and crafts collection, for Children’s Specialized Hospitals, at State Fall Conference on October 18th. NJSFWC has had a long-time connection with Children’s Specialized Hospitals. They are thrilled to be able to accept donations again, after COVID. Many of these items are on sale, during back-to-school time, so you can stock up!
Some suggested, arts and craft items, include:
- Ink pads for baby hand and footprints
- Acrylic Paint
- Markers (skinny or thick, packs of 8 or 10 would be great)
- Colored Pencils (small packs of any amount would be great, but would prefer packs so that they can hand out when an older kid is unable to leave their room)
- Sand art (bottles or sticker boards, anything but the sand)
- Wood art projects
- Card stock paper
- Pony beads
- Fuse beads and fuse beads peg boards (large square and/or various shapes)
They also have an Amazon Wish List, if you prefer to donate online, at: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/16TZ4STPM5UGQ?ref_=wl_share
Just be sure to keep track of what you donate through the Wish List.
GFWC Top Ten Awards
GFWC is excited to announce the Top 10 Projects for all Community Service Programs and Advancement Plans. Visit GFWC’s website to see the 2020 club projects chosen in each of these categories for their ingenuity, success, and impact on the community.
The complete list of Top 10 Projects for each Program and Plan is available for download in the Member Portal Digital Library, filed under the “T” Resources folder.
Check it out for project ideas and to see what clubs across the country are doing. Maybe one of your club projects was selected.
The New Jersey State Federation of Women’s Club was honored as a 2021 nominee for New Jersey Governor’s Jefferson Award for our work as a Volunteer Group. Thank you to Third Vice President, Barbara McCloskey for nominating us.
NJSFWC Membership Grant
NJSFWC Membership Grant funding has been made available through the Shining Future Endowment Campaign to help underwrite membership recruitment and retention efforts. NJSFWC is offering six $100 grants for Club Member Recruitment and retention activities. They will no longer be based on membership numbers.
Please describe the need for the grant in 500 words or less. Include the goals as well as the strategies and activities you will use to achieve your recruitment and/or retention goal.
Send your completed application to NJSFWC Headquarters, 55 Labor Center Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, Attention Membership Grant application.
Deadline for applications is October 1st, 2021, and winners will be notified by October 15th, 2021.
Include on your application:
- CLUB NAME & DISTRICT
- MEMBERSHIP (as stated on your 2021 blue
- CONTACT PERSON
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- September 17th – GFWC Soup Contest Deadline (see August 18 eConnection)
- October 1st Membership Grant Deadline
- October 4th – Fall Conference is October 18th
- November 4th -Special State Project Southern State Fundraiser