by Jan W. Hanson, NJSFWC President
One of the things I am thankful for is all of the wonderful NJSFWC Club members and the fantastic things you do. I am wishing you a safe and happy holiday. Jan W. Hanson, President
Day of Service
Please send any pictures you have from the day of service to Barbara Rose, email@example.com.
URGENT: Liberty State Park
Our help is needed to help protect Liberty State Park’s Caven Point Natural Area from development as a golf course. Sam Pesin, President of the Friends of Liberty State Park is making an urgent call to action to please help pass Liberty State Park Protection Act in the Lame Duck Session which has very few committee & full chamber voting days before it ends on January 10th.
“We continue to keep up the fight of the 10’s of 1,000’s who have waged privatization battles for our Public Land since LSP’s 1976 opening.
The action below is also at https://folsp.org/preservation/urgent_call.html
Please call Assembly Speaker Craig Coughlin at 732- 855-7441 and also Senate President Stephen Sweeney at 856-251-9801.
1. The basic message
- for Assembly Speaker Craig Coughlin is to post the LSP Protection Act A2189 on the Agenda of the Assembly Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee and for him to strongly support the Act without any exemption for the Caven Point Natural Area.
- for Senate President Steve Sweeney to post the Protection Act S1449 on the Environment Committee Agenda and for him to strongly support the Protection Act without any exemption for the Caven Point Natural Area.
2. Also, please briefly give your opinion about how important the Protection Act is to you and what LSP means to urban and all visitors.
3. Please insist on leaving your name, town, zip code and phone number.”
It’s likely that the billionaire, whose lobbyist and phony front group will hire a “phone bank” to generate calls to Coughlin and Sweeney and those callers will be reluctant to leave their contact info.
For more information-The “Coalition to Pass the Liberty State Park Protection Act and Save LSP Caven Point Natural Area” letter signed by 111 local, regional and statewide groups to Assembly Speaker Coughlin, Senator Sweeney and Governor Murphy is at https://folsp.org/Coalition%20111%20groups%209-6-21.pdf.
This is a reminder that the NJSFWC Summer Conference Gallery is expiring on November 30th, 2021. Once it expires, this gallery will no longer be accessible for viewing and ordering. Go to www.jamesphoto.com, click on client log in and then go the NJSFWC Summer Conference. Pictures make great gifts. Any questions contact Jen James, James Photography & Imaging, 609-994-4886.
NJSFWC Open House
Come and enjoy an afternoon at NJSFWC Headquarters with light refreshments, music, tours and holiday decorations on Tuesday, November 30th, 1:00 -3:00-p.m. RSVP ASAP to Karen Manneback- Headquarters Chairman, 973-839-0826 (leave a message) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bus trip to GFWC
Sponsored by NJSFWC on Wednesday, December 8th, 2021 there will be a bus trip to GFWC International Headquarters, Washington, DC. The cost is $75 per person (if 50 people attend) Bus trip with refreshments is covered in the price. Payment was due by November 10th to: Annette Bortone 226 Kingsland Avenue, Lyndhurst, NJ 07071, 201-873-1913. The deadline line has passed, but there are a few seats left. Call Annette if you are interested in attending please leave a message. Make checks payable to NJSFWC. Remember your pick-up location: 8:30 a.m. Lyndhurst Shop Rite 9:30 a.m. NJSFWC Headquarters 11:00 a.m. Pennsville Super 8 Motel. YOU MUST HAVE PROOF OF VACCINATION FOR COVID-19.
- Due now-GFWC Bus Trip (A few seats are left)
- Due now-Open House Registration
- December 13th-Gertrude Hawks Fundraiser