As a way to recognize and celebrate the founding of the NJSFWC 125 years ago, we are holding a Day of Service on November 16, 2019. We hope you’ve been collecting!
We will be gathering items from the wish list to be donated to Embrella (formerly Foster and Adoptive Family Services) for distribution to college students who have aged-out of the Foster Care System. In addition, your club can donate $5 to $15 Gift Cards for local Fast Food establishments.
WISH LIST (New Items Only)
- New Packaged Athletic Socks
- New Packaged t-shirts (all sizes)
- Gallon Zip Lock Bags
- Backpacks/Drawstring Bags
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Notebooks, Pens
- Heat Packs
- Scarves, Gloves & Hats
- Feminine Hygiene Products/pads
- Flashlights & Batteries
- Sanitizing Wipes/ Hand Wipes
- Antibacterial Gel (e.g. Purell)
- Soap/Body Wash
- Shower Caddy
- Tuna/Small Protein/Pop Top or Sealed Package
- Lip Balm
- Hair Brush/Comb
- Gum/Mints/Trail Mix
- Cough Drops
- Crackers/Breakfast Bars/Dry Fruit
- Bottled Water
- Sheet Sets (Twin XL)
- Cleansing Wipes
- Motivational Messages
Delivery of Items
Here is a list of the locations and times in each district:
- College District – NJSFWC Headquarters, beginning at 9 a.m.
- Garden District – First Methodist Church of Glassboro Fellowship Hall, 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Highlands District – Parsippany Library, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Liberty District – Woman’s Club of Upper Montclair, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Palisades District – Lyndhurst Community Center, beginning at 9 a.m.
- Ramapo District – Montville Township Senior Housing. 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Shore District – Woman’s Club of Asbury Park AND Stafford Community Center, 8 a.m.-10 a.m.
- Southern District – Millville Woman’s Club, 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- Evening Membership District – Please use the same drop off location as your woman’s club
It is imperative that items are delivered in time for the committee to log in the donations, load their vehicles and drive the items to the designated spot to meet the truck provided by Embrella. Just to give you an idea of the schedule, there is one truck and it will be meeting committee members at:
- Rowan University – No later than 10:30 a.m.
- Rutgers University – No later than 12:30 p.m.
- William Paterson University – No later than 2:00 p.m.
It’s a tight schedule and we’re counting on the club members cooperation to make this all run smoothly! Thank you in advance!!
About Embrella: Embracing and Empowering Families
Founded in 1972 and incorporated in 1974, Embrella, formerly Foster and Adoptive Family Services, is the leading statewide advocacy agency for foster, adoptive and kinship parents in NJ. Their mission is to provide advocacy and enriching programs and services to empower families and youth to thrive. They help foster children achieve their dreams and wishes.
They provide services, support and training opportunities for foster, adoptive and kinship families, and others having the responsibility for and/or the interest in the well-being of children. They help foster children by offering programs to support them from childhood to young adulthood. Their vision is a future where all youth and families thrive in safe, stable and nurturing homes.