December 27, 2023
Shirley A. Holly, NJSFWC President
As 2023 comes to a close, we take time to reflect on the accomplishments of NJSFWC made possible through the time, hard work and financial support of all of our members, and I could not be prouder. Our Federation is one, a united group of women dedicated to the mission of NJSFWC and GFWC.
Your commitment to enhancing your communities and the lives of those who live and work there is evident. Thanks to you, our communities are better places.
- The year started with a Day of Service in all eight Districts, benefiting those across the state with food insecurity.
- GCI was celebrated for reaching 75 years, and 161 delegates were hosted in this year’s session.
- Douglass alumni were welcomed to Headquarters during their reunion weekend, just one aspect of NJSFWC’s strong partnership with the college.
- 2,357 filled holiday stockings will let deployed military know that they are not forgotten.
- Emmanuel Cancer Foundation, our Special State Project, received unqualified support, every wish list filled and many fundraisers held on their behalf.
These are just a few projects. In addition we offered events and programs for our members: annual Convention at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, workshops, a basket raffle and luncheon at The Lobster Shanty, Fall Conference and the Headquarters Open House with a well-received Festival of Trees among them.
As 2024 peeks around the corner, we look forward to starting again with a Day of Service for the benefit of Domestic Violence programs and shelters across the state. And, there are more projects and programs, some old and some new as we enter our federation’s 130th year.
Thank you for your support throughout 2023. I can’t wait to see you at Convention, to join with club women from across the state, to share memories and celebrate our accomplishments!
Wishing Everyone a Happy and healthy New Year!