NJSFWC Federation Day, 125th Anniversary, Day of Service
As a way to recognize and celebrate the founding of the NJSFWC 125 years ago, we are holding a Day of Service on November 16, 2019.
We will be collecting items from the list below to be donated to Embrella (formerly Foster and Adoptive Family Services) for distribution to college students who have aged-out of the Foster Care System. In addition, your club can donate $5 to $15 Gift Cards for local Fast Food establishments.
WISH LIST (NEW ITEMS ONLY)
- New Packaged Athletic Socks
- New Packaged t-shirts (all sizes)
- Gallon Zip Lock Bags
- Backpacks/Drawstring Bags
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Notebooks, Pens
- Heat Packs
- Scarves, Gloves & Hats
- Feminine Hygiene Products/pads
- Flashlights & Batteries
- Sanitizing Wipes/ Hand Wipes
- Antibacterial Gel (e.g. Purell)
- Soap/Body Wash
- Shower Caddy
- Tuna/Small Protein/Pop Top or Sealed Package
- Lip Balm
- Hair Brush/Comb
- Gum/Mints/Trail Mix
- Cough Drops
- Crackers/Breakfast Bars/Dry Fruit
- Bottled Water
- Sheet Sets (Twin XL)
- Cleansing Wipes
- Motivational Messages
Message from the Chairman
Please follow the instructions given by your District Chairman in September and arrive promptly at the drop-off site secured for your District at the time specified on the morning of November 16th.
As a reminder, here is a list of the locations and times in each district:
- College District – NJSFWC Headquarters, beginning at 9 a.m.
- Garden District – First Methodist Church of Glassboro Fellowship Hall, 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- Highlands District – Parsippany Library, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Liberty District – Woman’s Club of Upper Montclair, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Palisades District – Lyndhurst Community Center, beginning at 9 a.m.
- Ramapo District – Montville Township Senior Housing. 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Shore District – Woman’s Club of Asbury Park AND Stafford Community Center, 8 a.m.-10 a.m.
- Southern District – Millville Woman’s Club, 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- Evening Membership District – Please use the same drop off location as your woman’s club
It is imperative that items are delivered in time for the committee to log in the donations, load their vehicles and drive the items to the designated spot to meet the truck provided by Embrella. Just to give you an idea of the schedule, there is one truck and it will be meeting committee members at
- Rowan University – No later than 10:30 a.m.
- Rutgers University – No later than 12:30 p.m.
- William Paterson University – No later than 2:00 p.m.
It’s a tight schedule and we’re counting on the club members cooperation to make this all run smoothly! Thank you in advance!!
To add an event, email it to email@example.com.